The Phase: Musicals:

7.4.15

I've always been a big fan of musicals, I mean how can someone not be? They're fun (even if only ever so slightly in Les Miserables case), and take you on an emotional journey. I was raised on the likes of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Calamity Jane and of course Annie and Oliver. In my teen years I found Chicago, Burlesque, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Grease and Fame.

In terms of stage shows I've only ever seen Wicked and the Lion King, this is something I am desperate to change! Lately my obsession has been steadily increasing. I have soundtracks on all the time whilst I'm working and I have to admit part of me gets genuinely sad when I have to turn my music off when filming.

For my younger sisters birthday I'm going to be taking her to see a stage production of Calamity Jane but the next Broadway shows on my list are to actually see Les Miserables on stage as opposed to watching recordings and Miss Saigon! What about you guys though? Are there any shows you think I should see? Please let me know because I have a real love for them and want to expand my horizons.

No comments:

Post a Comment