18th Birthday Celebrations, Outfit & Haul:

17.6.14

On, the 19th of May I celebrated my 18th birthday. That's right I'm officially an adult now! Hmmm, doesn't mean I have to start acting like one though ;) I've been looking forward to this for a very long time especially with exams coming thick and fast, it was nice to take a day or so off and just relax with my family and have some fun.

We had the celebration in an absolutely gorgeous restaurant that my family loves, my mum and dad hired out the private room, of course Myles came too as pictured. My lovely birthday cake was one giant brownie that my mum had specially made! She knows her daughter very well indeed! My Mum and one of my aunts also decorated the room beautifully with balloons and decorations, which was a nice extra surprise. 


As for presents I got this wine glass (which will probably be filled with cider as I don't drink wine) and I took all of my pretty balloons home.


My little cousin got me a cute little 18 teddy, which is super cute and super soft! Also two of my friends made me lots of lovely oreo brownies! They know what I like! 



As part of a running joke about my love for quirky or different hats as well as my tendency to put on a bit of a west country accent, my parents got me a flat cap. As well as this my dad took the time to do this gorgeous painted calligraphy of my all time favourite quote! Isn't it beautiful?


Of course, I had to get something Disney related, this is a little figurine of Marie from the Aristocats, which is sitting proudly on my bookshelf. Speaking of books (smooth transition there) I'd mentioned wanting to read both Coraline and Stardust as I love the films, which it turns out were both written by Neil Gaiman, and so I got those as well as two more of his books American Gods and The Graveyard Book. I've still not had a chance to read the books I got for Christmas what with A Levels taking over so I've got plenty to work through come the summer holidays.


Now if you follow my Pinterest boards, then this present needs no explanation, but quite simply I am beyond obsessed with Sherlock! So all three series is an absolute dream come true. Back to Disney, the music from Frozen is undeniably fun and catchy so I was very happy to be given the soundtrack and I certainly know what will be in the background of revision sessions for the foreseeable future. 



My Mum chose out this 18 pandora charm to add to my collection, she chose to get one that dangles as I've only got one other dangling charm so it will help tie it together. I'm also going to be working through this cute bag of sweets that she took the time to put together and put on everyone's table seat.



My aunt got me this beautiful heart bracelet, and Myles picked me up these stunning flowers with colours that match my newly decorated bedroom exactly. (Room tour asap I promise.) But that isn't all he got me of course, he's paid for a surprise week in Brighton in a lovely hotel and on one of the days we'll be having Afternoon Tea and going to a spa! Which I'm already extremely excited about and have created a countdown on my computer. It will be something nice to focus on to keep me from going insane whilst revising.



I got two things from Topshop too, the first is this gorgeous scalloped crop top which is quite floaty and so will be getting a nice lot of wear, especially as after literally months of almost 0 degrees weather Britain finally seems to be seeing some sun! Also these, dungarees as I've wanted a pair for years!

Mostly I got a lot of spending money from family members because they all knew I would need it for Brighton, I'm sensing a big haul coming already.



On to the outfit, hair and makeup; I started with a shower. I'm not going to include pictures of my products otherwise this would be the longest post in the world, but in the shower I used the new Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Shampoo & Conditioner and Nspa Coconut Daily Fresh Scrub. Out of the shower I topped up my tan using Garnier SummerBody and used Nspa Raspberry Rich Body Butter on my hands and feet. For the face, I used my St. Ives Invigorating face scrub, The Body Shop Sumptuous Camomile Cleansing Butter, Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritz and finally The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream. 

Next came the hair, I used Phil Smith's Total Treat Argan Oil then blow dried and straightened my hair using the VO5 Heat protect Styling Spray and smoothed everything over with Loreal Ever Sleek Serum. As for the outfit the dress is from Topshop and both shoes pictured (here and above) are Primark. 

Finally the makeup, I used Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, topped off with Rimmel Stay Matte powder, MUA bronzer. I used a Topshop cream blush in Head Over Heels and Highlight in Polished. Then for eyes I used Halfbaked, Buck & Smog from the Naked palette and Dope & Toxic from the Vice 2 palette. Sticking with Urban Decay I used their 24/7 liner in Zero then Eyelure Girls Aloud Lashes in Kimberly. 

I'm sorry this was such a long post but I had a lot to talk about, I have my prom coming up soon too so there may well be another one of these on the way. I hope you enjoyed nonetheless. I'll see you all next time! 

xxx

*REUPLOAD - WAS MYSTERIOUSLY DELETED*

No comments:

Post a Comment