Top 5 "Chick-lit" Books:

19.1.14


I thought I'd do another non beauty related post today, there wasn't really a particular reason for doing so I just really liked the idea of this post and after having the idea to do it I thought why not. I found it really hard to pick these books out let alone put them in order because I'm such a book worm, I have a huge collection of books, and until not too long ago I had even more before having a huge clear out. Anyway moving onto the actual post, I know "chicklit" isn't the most sophisticated of genre's but who can resist it every now and again.

Jill Mansell - Rumour Has It:

The number one spot just had to go to a Jill Mansell novel, she has to be the best chicklit author in my eyes there isn't a book of hers that I haven't loved reading and got through in a matter of days. They're just so readable and enjoyable, this particular one happens to be my favourite. I'm not even sure why I just really love the story behind it. I don't want to give too much away so I'll just say that it's about a young woman who moves to a small town and meets lots of new people. You will really fall in love with the main male characters and even more so with the ending of this book.

Meg Cabot -The Guy Next Door

I LOVE this book! I know that probably wasn't the most elegant way of introducing it but I really do love it. It was one of the first of these kind of books that I read as I got older and moved into more mature books, and I instantly got sucked into the story. The way is written is amazing, it has been written as a series of emails from a group of people and you get to hear their stories right from their point of view, then as you read further on you get to read the same thing being told from another point of view to a different character, it's the perfect way to get each character's viewpoint and such a new and refreshing way of reading a story as opposed to the usual way, it provides a nice change. Again I won't say too much about the story but it involves, murder, millionaires, secrecy, the love of a family, a married couple, annoying work mates and a dog! A must read in my opinion.

Meg Cabot - Size 12 is not Fat & Size 14 is not Fat Either

Ok, Ok I know this is technically cheating since this is a two in one book but I just couldn't resist. Again these are not your average chicklit books but both are about mysterious murders. As much as I like piecing together all the little clues of who did what and who the murders could be, one of the things I really love is that the main character is a real woman, with body issues and money worries, but not in the typical book and movie way where by the end of it she's found a wonderful solution to all her problems, she really is a real woman in the real world. There are plenty of twists and turns to surprise you along the way too.

Jill Mansell - Take A Chance On Me

Another Jill Mansell novel now, I know it looks like I have a really limited reading scope but this is my personal top 5 and Jill Mansell is such an amazing writer than she really does hold this place for me. I took this book with me on holiday to Cyprus last year and finished it within the first day. This is another romantic story, with a few twists and turns along the way, I really don't want to say too much about these stories because I want you all to go out and give them a read I genuinely love them that much! All I'll say is that if you want to just kick back and relax then you should definitely give this if not any of Mansell's books a read, her twisting plots and the way she interlock's her characters are always worth a good read.

Liza Palmer - Conversations With the Fat Girl

Last up my number 5 slot goes to this book, this is another of my first ever older books. I love this because the main character decides to do something about her weight and confidence issues and you really see the difference in her by the end of the story. This book has also had me literally laughing out loud a few times so if you're looking for a real feel good story to make you smile then this is one I highly recommend.

That's my top 5 what about yours? Let me know in the comments and I'll see you all next time.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment