Empties #2

5.12.13


Superdrug Provitamin Shampoo & Conditioner:

I have to admit I can be a real snob when it comes to shampoo and conditioner and I'm very much in the mindset that the more expensive and high end the brand the better, but this shampoo and conditioner is absolutely amazing. You've probably noticed that the packaging of this is very similar to that of the Pantene Pro V shampoo and conditioner, and that's not when the similarity ends. The consistency and results of the products are amazingly similar. I have the Thermal Protect versions here and they're amazing they leave my hair feeling smooth and looking shiny. I honestly don't have anything bad to say about this product, it's only ever done my hair a world of good and I would whole heartedly recommend it to all of you especially considering it's just over a pound in most stores and is often on offer in stores!


The Body Shop Born Lippy Balm:

This was a gift from my birthday (in May) and I was pleased to get it but I have to admit my expectations weren't too high for it, but I was so wrong. This is the strawberry flavoured one and it smelled so so nice, like strawberry sweets. It was a really thick and creamy texture so I instantly knew that it was doing my lips good. I used this at the very beginning of putting my make up on and by the time I got to the end of my routine to put my lipstick on it had sank in nicely smoothing out any dry skin and keeping my lips nice and smooth. Sadly I couldn't use all of this before it completely broke out of it's packaging and as much as I tried to fix it because I really loved it, I had to say goodbye because it was just beyond fixing.


The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter:

Another Body Shop product, which I'm sure will be no surprise to most of you considering how much I love the smell of coconut products as well as the Body Shop. It's easily one of my all time favourite shops. This was a very thick and moisturising body butter that, I've loved for many a year (this is probably my fourth tub of this product), as expected with Body Shop products it does wonders for you and is a product that really works and leaves your skin, looking, feeling and smelling fantastic. I really can't say much more about it in all honesty I just really love it and hope to try out lots more of the Body Shop body butters in the future.

Original Source Mint and Tea Tree shower gel:

I have to start with the packaging here, don't ask me why because I know there's nothing particularly special about it but I've always been really drawn into Original Source's packaging I think it looks so good. But on to the actual product itself, it was such a minty smell perfect for having a nice refreshing shower in the morning to get you up and ready for the day. When you scrubbed it into your skin you really felt and smelled clean as well as leaving you with a cool and slightly tingling feeling which really adds to the fresh and clean feeling. I'd maybe say that this is more of a summer shower gel though because it's more of a smell that I personally associate with summer than any other season but it's totally up to you of course. 


Aussie 3 Minute Miracle:

You've got to love Aussie, their products are always brilliant quality, and smell so good! I chose the conditioner for long hair because I was using this before I got my hair cut and I'm growing it out again. It's essentially an extra nourishing conditioner as longer hair is much more likely to get split ends than shorter hair. It really did nourish my hair and do it a lot of good, I always felt really pampered and looked after when I used this. I was always left with soft feeling and shiny hair so if you have hair that needs that little bit more of a treat then I would definitely suggest picking this or something similar up next time your'e shopping.


Clarins Wonder Perfect Mascara:

Last product now, and this ones a make up one. As I'm sure you can tell this is just the sample size but I used up every last scrap of it because it was just so damn good! I know it's got a bigger price tag than some lower end mascara's but I really do think it's worth it. I'd love the full size version. It thickens and lengthens your lashes so well but without it looking like you've got a crazy amount of make up on to the point where you look fake. In my opinion this mascara makes me look like I'm wearing false lashes, and long thick lashes is a look I love.


Well, that's the end of my empties I hope you enjoyed this post. Have you finished up any products lately? Do you have any recommendations to fill in the gaps the loss of these bits have left? Let me know in the comments.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment