Monthly Favorites: Semptember

1.10.13


MaxFactor - Facefinity Compact Foundation in 03 Natural:
 This is way too dark for me to use as a powder foundation but it's amazing as a contour, it's really light in weight and coverage meaning that it makes a really nice natural contour that i can build up. I know you're not supposed to use bronzer or powder foundations as a contour powder but some you can get away with it just takes a little experimenting with. The packaging is really nice too, it comes with a nice big mirror so when i put it in my everyday makeup bag I don't have to worry about having a mirror with me. Overall, it's a lovely product that I've been using every time I've worn makeup.

The Body Shop - Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream - For Combination to Oily Skin:
Around 3 or 4 months ago my skin started to get really oily, I've always had temperamental skin it changes skin type more than I change my clothes. So on a shopping trip to London I picked this up, and I have to say it worked absolute wonders for my skin. As I'm sure you know even with oily skin you have to make sure you keep it moisturised, which this did, it also helped clear u p and deal with the oil too and made my skin feel so much better almost straight away, I use it everyday and I'm thinking about picking up the night cream to match. I've recommended this to friends with similar skin types to me and would 100% recommend this to any of you with oily or combination skin.

The Body Shop - Lip Butter in Sweet Lemon:
This was another London purchase as on the coach travelling there the aircon dried my lips out massively so I had to pick some up straight away. I have to admit I only bought this because I fell in love with the scent of this, it tastes and smells like lemon sweets. I wasn't really expecting it to do any good but it really is such a nice lip balm, it's nothing compared to my Carmex which I lover like no other lip product but it does the job well. It's very greasy, oily and really lives up  to the name butter. It literally feels like you're rubbing butter into you're lips, which is not something I enjoyed at all at first but it is something you get used to and it now isn't a problem.

Soap & Glory - Heel Genius:
I've been a huge fan of both this product and the brand as a whole. I get really dry heels every now and again they can be totally fine for months on end and then out of no where  they'll get really dry. So I rub this in every night (or at least as often as I remember to) and it really helps smooth out dry patches and leaves my skin new and soft. There really isn't much more to say about it really it looks and smells amazing - but then it is Soap and Glory so it's expected!

Revlon - Top Speed Fast Dry Nail Enamel in 570 Vintage:
This is a beautiful colour, it looks pretty much exactly as it does in the bottle a nice subtle plum toned pink that's perfect for Autumn. It actually does dry in top speed too! Basically it's a lovely colour, fast drying and goes on evenly and smoothly. The only negative I have for it is that it doesn't last very long on my nails at all, it chips within days, although it doesn't bother me too much as it never takes long to touch up.

Batiste - Dry Shampoo in Dark & Deep Brown:
I've been trying to grow my hair for the past few months, which means I've been leaving huge gaps between washes to keep it in as good a condition as possible and help make it nice and strong. But sometimes even I can't deny that it looks like it needs a good wash so in the morning I'll give it a good spray and it completely removes the look of grease meaning I can get away with a day or two more without washing it. I know it sounds gross but it really does work and keep my hair strong. The fact this product has colour to it also means that I don't ave to spend ages ruffling my hair until the gray has gone.

So, that's it those are all the products I've been using lots and loving for this past month I hope you enjoyed it and I'll see you all next time.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment